We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
For all children, we aim to provide:
- Access to a varied and stimulating curriculum which is relevant to the needs of the children.
- Different teaching approaches based on the needs of the children.
- Hands on learning and as many school trips as we possibly can.
- A range of technology to support and aid teaching.
- Opportunities for small group and independent work.
- Opportunities to develop self-esteem, independent learning, involvement in decision making and problem solving.
- One or more teaching assistant in every class.
For some children we will:
- Provide additional targeted support e.g. phonics groups using the Rapid Phonics, Nessy, 1:1 Phonics and Literacy Intervention; Comprehension and Reading Groups; Handwriting and Movement Groups; Rapid Maths Intervention and Year 2 and 6 1:1 SATs after school tutorial revision.
We provide access to a supportive environment.
- All resources are available to the children. The children are encouraged to use them in their own time.
- Resources are up to date and iPads are used across the school.
- We have the support of a range of professionals including speech and language support, occupational therapy support and we have links to the NHS and Medical Professionals such as CAMHS Clinical psychologist and specialist nurses.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.