Remote Education has become an important part of education. This page is designed to help children and parents access good quality learning quickly.
The What Remote Education looks like at Walworth Primary document should help answer questions that stakeholders may have regarding the expectations during the use of Remote Learning. We also have our Remote Learning Information for Parents/Carers to help parents understand the process school goes through regarding the delivery of Remote Learning. Finally, our Keeping Your Child Safe using a device at home document is designed to give advice regarding being safe online.
As a school we have had training on how to use Purple Mash to aid with remote learning. The children will also have access to this resource in school and will be assigned work to complete by their teachers.
Children have been sent logins and help sheets (also below) to help accessing this Platform.
Here are some simple guides for parents to support with Purple Mash at home.
Other Remote Learning Platforms
- Classroom Secrets – Year group aimed packs updated regularly. To find look for the ‘Select Week’ button and in the drop down menu select ‘Spring Home Learning Packs’
- Hamilton Trust Packs
- Early Years – Spring into Spring
- Primary Years – Spring into Spring
- YPTE Learning Pack
Wellbeing Support for Home Learning
We take the wellbeing of our children very seriously. We have added Wellbeing Resources to our website, to help while at home.
Searching the Internet
Some task that are given to complete at home may require a search engine. In school our search engines are filtered to ensure inappropriate material doesn’t find its way to the children. At home you may not have such settings but Swiggle is a child safe search engine for peace of mind.
Websites to Aid Learning
- Scholastic Learning From Home– Day by day projects to keep children reading, thinking and growing
- Phonics Play
- Username: march20
- Password: home
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub has you covered during school closures. Each day you’ll find a new set of daily activities to get involved with.
- Teacher Pet Classroom – Weekly ‘Home Learning Resource Packs’ – available to download completely FREE.
- TopMarks – A full range of educational resources for all year groups. Interactive learning opportunities.
- Cbeebies Number Blocks – Lots on online learning to support Numeracy skills.
- Cbeebies Alpha Blocks – Lots of online learning to support early reading.
- ICT Games – Free educational games for maths and English
- 50 YOUTUBE Channels for Home learning
- Oxford Owl – Home learning Opportunities
Whilst the internet is a wonderful resource to have in these difficult times, it is important to remember online safety. Please monitor your child’s use of the internet to help keep them safe. The following links provide help and support for parents/carers.
- Parenting in a Digital World Online
- Internet matters– for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware– for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info– for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow– for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre– advice for parents and carers