Support for Parents & Carers
While supporting your child’s emotional well-being and mental health it is vital that we do our best to look after our own well-being. In the reception area of school is a Resource File for Parents & Carer’s.
Several staff in school are qualified Mental Health First Aiders and also have lived experience of supporting their own child’s mental health and are always available for a chat, always remember you are not alone.
There are so many resources it is hard to know where to start, below is a selection of support from NHS Mental Health Support Services to Parent Support Groups and Useful Apps.
- Durham SENDIASS – Durham SEND Information Advice and Support Service is a service which provides information and support to parents of children with special educational needs. We have a range of information leaflets available to download. Alternatively, contact us for paper copies.
- National Child/Adolescent to Parent Violence and Abuse (CAPVA) Service Directory
- Family Hubs
- Holes in the Wall
- Respect - Responding effectively to young people's use of violence
- Durham County Carers – Are the primary Carer support service in County Durham and Darlington.
- Parenting Mental Health – Supporting Parents Supporting Children
- NHS Mental Health Support Services
- Togetherall an online community for people who are stressed, anxious or feeling low
- CALM app – for sleep, mediation and relaxation
- DistrACT App provides easy quick discreet access to information and advice about self-harm
- Worry Tree – The Worry Tree App aims to help you take control of worry wherever you are
- What’s Up – A fantastic free app utilising some of the best CBT & ACT Therapy
- Parent Helpline Information and Poster
- Durham Back to School NHS online courses