Our SEN Information Report – which is part of Durham County Council’s Local Offer – provides details about how we support children and young people with Special Educational Needs in our school.
The SEN Information Report was reviewed and updated in March 2023 by Miss Bourne (Deputy Head Teacher & SENCO). It is updated annually with views of parents/carers taken into consideration. It is monitored and agreed by our governing body, through our SEND governor.
This document outlines the support available to learners at our school. The overall objective of Walworth School is to eliminate unlawful discrimination and harassment, promote equality of opportunity and promote good relations and positive attitudes between people of diverse backgrounds in all our activities.
Walworth Local Offer & Local Offer Description
SEND School Information Report
This is set out in our Equality, Diversity and Cohesion Policy.
All children at Walworth School will access all aspects of the options available through;
- A curriculum designed to meet the needs of all children with a variety of SEN
- Support from highly trained staff who are sensitive to the needs of children with SEN and their families
- A variety of teaching methods to take into account the various preferred learning styles
- A Parent Support Advisor (PSA) to ensure support networks are available to all
- Therapeutic professionals that provided target intervention around Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health, Occupational Therapy and Speech, Language and Communication.
- Information to support children’s development, progress and communication between school and home in relation to the variety of additional events
- A Governing Body committed to the principles of the above Policy
This SEND Information Report should be read alongside the school’s SEND Policy, the Equalities Information and Objectives and the Accessibility Plan.
- Mr R Cooke (Headteacher)
- Miss V Bourne (Deputy Headteacher & SENCO)
- Miss E Reed (Senior Lead Practitioner & SENCO)
- Mr R Todd (SEN Link Governor)
For information on the admission of pupils with a disability, please visit the School Admissions section of our website and view the Accessibility Plan in our School Policies section.
If you would like to discuss your child’s SEN in more detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
The full range of local support available for children/ young people with SEND and their families within and outside of school can be found in the County Durham Local Offer