Message from our Wellbeing Lead
Our School motto is “Listen, learn and be happy together.” This is the aim of our school vision by “Supporting everyone’s emotional wellbeing and mental health, so that they can be listened to, are happy together and ready to learn.” To complement this as part of our commitment to wellbeing of our children, staff and stakeholders, we have begun a journey to work towards achieving a national award called Wellbeing Award for Schools.
It is an award that recognises a school’s efforts to promote and protect positive emotional wellbeing and mental health education and support. The award requires us to develop an action plan to consciously recognise what we currently do and offer additional opportunities to support and promote mental health and wellbeing. I am leading the process and the ‘Change Team’ to help embed and promote positive mental health and wellbeing across the school community.
Wellbeing Award for Schools Visitor Leaflet
If you would like to know any other information about this award and process please contact:
- Miss Reed (WAS Lead) Tel: 01325 300194
- Mr Cooke (Head Teacher/Strategic Lead) Tel: 01325 300194
The main objectives of the Wellbeing Award
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we can:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues