Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Objectives – these are reviewed annually and updated at least once every 4 years
- for further information please view or download our Equalities Policy and Equalities Information and Objectives Policy in the School Policies section of our website.
Walworth Primary School is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities.
We demonstrate this throughout our school and this is highlighted through our Vision, Aims and Ethos. This commitment applies to work in the classrooms, our recruitment, retention of staff and our work in the local and wider community.
Walworth Primary School will ensure every pupil is entitled to the same opportunities to learning irrespective of race, culture, gender, language, disability or religion.
The policy is written with regard to the following legislation: The Equality Act 2010 and The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011.
The full policy can be found by following the link:
At Walworth Primary School we have pupils with a variety of barriers to their learning; our aim is to work with pupils in breaking those barriers down.
Throughout the curriculum we will ensure that pupils understand the importance of equality and what forms discrimination can take and the impact discrimination can have.
Our Aims are to:
• Ensure all pupils have an equal chance to make full use of the education the school offers
• Encourage a positive attitude towards all people and positively encourage
engagement in the wider community
• To meet all pupils special needs
• Encourage the physical, cultural, moral and spiritual development of all pupils
• Encourage respect and tolerance for others
• Ensure that issues around mental health and emotional wellbeing are recognised and supported to all of the school community and families.
Our Equality objectives are:
• To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
• To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities
• To continue to narrow the gap between pupils eligible for pupil premium and those that are not
• To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
• To promote an ethos that understands and supports issues around mental health and emotional wellbeing.